Budget Planning System (BPS) is Opening Next Week for the FY2021/22 Budget
Dear H&S Finance Colleagues,
We hope that the academic year (including commencement!) is wrapping up nicely and that this email finds you well.
H&S Finance has been hard at work preparing for this year’s budgeting cycle in BPS. As a reminder, BPS is located at (https://hs-bps.stanford.edu/) or by using the Quick Link on the H&S Finance webpage, but please do not attempt to access BPS until it is open for entry on June 14. We are currently loading data and prepping for launch. Further dates for this year’s budget entry are:
- June 14, 2021: BPS will be open for entry for all modules except labor
- June 22, 2021: Labor data will be uploaded and all modules available for entry
- July 20, 2021: Please have your budget complete and submitted to your liaison for review
To help you prepare for budgeting season, the Finance Team (led by John Murphy) will be presenting a series of trainings:
- June 15, 2021 from 1:10PM to 2:30PM: BPS New User Training (Zoom Info): for those who want a basic introduction to the H&S budgeting tool
- June 17, 2021 from 10:10AM to 11:30AM: BPS as a Planning Tool (Zoom Info): for those who want to learn more about use of BPS for forecasting year-end and future available funding
- June 24, 2021 from 10:10AM to 11:30AM: BPS Refresher Training (Zoom Info): for those who just need a refresher on the use of the tool
- June 29, 2021 from 1:10PM to 2:30PM: BPS Refresher Training (Zoom Info): a repeat of the June 24 session for those who just need a refresher
As always, your liaisons will be available for one-on-one trainings and working sessions throughout the budget season.
We look forward to seeing you at one or more of the above trainings. Thank you again for all you do to manage the University’s resources safely and wisely and best wishes for a successful commencement this weekend!
Associate Director of Finance
The School of Humanities and Sciences