The Budget Planning System (BPS) is OPEN!
Dear H&S Finance Colleagues,
Congratulations on hosting multiple graduations. What a special and unique weekend for so many. Summer is finally here and today we announce the opening of the Budget Planning System (BPS). You can access BPS from the quick link section on the H&S Finance Website. Please take a moment to go into the tool and ensure you have access to your unit. Notice that the labor module is disabled. Labor data will be ready next Thursday, June 23. To help prepare for using the tool, we invite you to attend the upcoming BPS training sessions. For those who can’t attend, the live zoom trainings will be recorded and posted on the H&S Finance Website.
BPS Training Dates and Times:
- Thursday June 16, 2022 from 10:10AM to 11:30AM: BPS New User Training (Zoom Info): for those who want a basic introduction to budgeting in H&S and the H&S budgeting tool.
- Friday June 17, 2022 from 10:10AM to 11:30AM: BPS as a Planning Tool (Zoom Info): for those who want to learn more about use of BPS for forecasting year-end and future available funding.
- Monday June 27, 2022 from 10:10AM to 11:30AM: BPS Refresher Training (Zoom Info): for those who just need a refresher on the use of the tool.
- Thursday July 7, 2022 from 1:30PM to 3:00PM: BPS Refresher Training (Zoom Info): a repeat of the June 27 session for those who just need a refresher.
To review a task list of the steps involved in the BPS budget entry process see the BPS Task List Job Aid on the H&S Finance Website.
Dates for this year’s budget entry are:
- Tuesday June 14, 2022: BPS is open for entry for all modules except labor.
- Thursday June 23, 2022: Labor data will be uploaded and all modules available for entry.
- Wednesday July 20, 2022: Please have your budget complete and submitted to your liaison for review.
Associate Director of Finance
The School of Humanities and Sciences