Dear H&S Finance Colleagues,
Following up on the email Jim Henry sent out to DFOs and PMs on Thursday March 24, 2022, regarding the Affordability Increase and General Fund Swap, detailed unit-specific information has been placed in your Salary View/Budget folder in the H&S finance repository. You can access the repository through the H&S Finance website.
1) For units who have HSDO non-grad aid allocations, a memo titled “FY23 Affordability and GF Swap Memo” has been placed in the repository summarizing:
- the amount of the FY22 one-time affordability increase;
- the growth in GF swappable endowment funds;
- the amount of GF which will be decreased/swapped based on those endowment payouts; and
- the projected FY23 HSDO allocation.
2) For units with local endowments, a spreadsheet titled “FY23 Endowment Growth and GF Pullback” has been placed in the repository summarizing by award:
- projected endowment payout;
- payout growth; and
- swappable amount.
The Finance team stands ready to assist as you analyze the impact of these initiatives.
This Friday April 1 from 10:00AM to 11:30AM, the finance team will be demonstrating how to create a mid-year reforecast. The demonstration will be on Zoom. For those who cannot attend, the demonstration will also be recorded and posted on the H&S Finance Website. Written instructions are also available on the H&S Finance Website.
Come join us on Friday, all are welcome!
Friday April 1, 2022: 10:00AM -11:30AM
See you there!
Associate Director of Finance
The School of Humanities and Sciences