On Jan. 3, 2022, Stanford Financial Management Services (FMS) will launch a new STARS course, Financial Stewardship Expectations (FIN-PROG-0020), which will become the new prerequisite training for accessing Oracle Financials systems (e.g., Expense Requests, PCard, Labor Distribution) and OBI reporting. This new course will completely replace the Financial Confidentiality Agreement (FIN-PROG-0010) STARS course.
Finance Training Guide for New Department Administrators.
Please note that we are currently in the process of updating this guide. Some sections may be out of date. The last update was March 2018.
- Setup, review, and forecasting as preliminary preparation for your FY22 operating budget.
- Instructions and links to running reports following fiscal year-end close and at the start of the new fiscal year.
- Definition of Operations, including examples, to assist department administrators in developing operating budgets and to maintain consistency and comparability throughout the School.
The Graduate Financial Planning System (GFPS) provides integration of graduate aid tracking, budgeting, and long-range forecasting in a live, multi-user, database-driven application that interfaces with other administrative applications within the Stanford environment.
- HandSOn user guide for department and program users to view funding commitments.
- Slides from the Finance seminars held in the Fall 2018. The initial sessions provided a broad overview of the considerations when initiating a financial analysis and report.
- An overview of why and how to create a midyear financial forecast.
- Review of the annual operating budget process
- Review of the annual fiscal year-end close process.